Feb 23, 2024
This intensive 10-month program will prepare you to enter the world of professional photography. Develop core professional photography skills and gain hands-on experience as you build an industry relevant portfolio that showcases your artistic talent and technical skills.
To view program start dates, locations, delivery methods and other important information, visit the program page.
- A portfolio of photography, and
- A 300-word statement of expectations.
Upgrade with us
- Portfolios may be submitted throughout the year, recommended deadline for fall term intake is April 30th.
- Portfolios will continue to be accepted while seats remain available.
- Portfolios will be assessed by a panel of faculty and may take up to two weeks to complete.
- Portfolios along with your written statement can be dropped off at Student Services at the Comox Valley campus or emailed to admissions-CV@nic.bc.ca. International students will submit electronic portfolios and statements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your portfolio is your opportunity to present yourself to the faculty review panel. There is no perfect portfolio. Each portfolio is unique and represents your abilities, creativity and interests. The portfolio panel is looking for an open, exploratory attitude, energy and a commitment that is consistent with the intense nature of this one-year program. You should submit your best and most recent work.
- Include 10 to 15 samples of your strongest photographic work to date.
- Include a portfolio inventory list identifying the works in your portfolio. Photographs should be submitted as JPEG files, with a largest dimension limit of 500 pixels.
- Include a one-page, double-spaced written statement detailing:
- Your photographic experience so far
- Your goals as a photographer
- Why you want to study at NIC
Please note that the written statement is not used to determine your suitability for the program, but to provide the review panel with insight into your passion and perspectives on photography.
Portfolios and your written statement can be dropped off at Student Services at the Comox Valley campus or emailed to email@example.com.
This program is designed to be completed within ten months of full-time study. To complete this program students must successfully complete all required courses within four years.