May 08, 2021
As a graduate with an accounting designation will qualify for career opportunities in a wide range of work environments, both in Canada and internationally. This may include working in public practice or in industry. You may pursue your designation in accounting with the CPA or could consider further education in masters programs in a variety of disciplines. With a 3.0 GPA this program qualifies you for guaranteed admission in to the VIU MBA/MScIB Degree. The possibilities are endless.
Tuition and Costs
Apply Now Join Email List Contact an Advisor
- An accredited Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three academic years from a recognized institution.
- Completion of BUS 100 or an equivalent course
- or . Students are recommended to take ENG 104 in the first semester. Students who do not have a band score of Academic IELTS 6.0, TOEFL iBT 20, PTE 50, CAEL 60 or higher in Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking will be required to take ENG 104 in the first semester.
- Or permission of the department
The number of qualified applicants normally exceeds the number of seats available therefore fulfillment of the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission. Admission is offered through a selective admission process.
Courses counted toward the prerequisite degree may not also be counted toward the post-degree diploma.
- BUS - 132 Mathematics of Finance
- BUS - 200 Financial Accounting Fundamentals for Accountants
- BUS - 211 Intermediate Financial Accounting - Revenue and Assets
- BUS - 217 Management Accounting
- BUS - 223 Taxation - Individual
- ENG - 160 Effective Organizational Writing
- PHI - 260 Business Ethics
- STA - 115 Introduction to Statistics
Plus one elective to be chosen from the following: BUS 221 , BUS 270 , BUS 290 , BUS 293 , BUS 335 , BUS 450 , ECO 110 , ECO 111 , or ENG 104 .
- EMP - 010 Internship Workshop Students must complete this 15-hour, noncredit, online course as a prerequisite to BUS 500 .
- A minimum of 50% of the program must be completed at North Island College.
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 is required.